Sunday, February 10, 2008

Culinary Genius?

Carter has been getting creative in the kitchen. Last night's feast: mandarin oranges with peas. It made for beautiful plating, but it's not a flavor combination I'd want to try.
Carter ate it all - by the handful.

4 comments:

Kir said...

just like his mama, always willing to try something new! Hoping to see the little man soon and maybe we'll give him something crazy like babaganoush.

Anonymous said...

He must have an eye for color. Such a smart boy. I hope I get to try Aunt Kir's babganoush, too. Hel'll probably love it as long as he gets to help prepare. Love.Mama H

Anonymous said...

OK - I'll bite....what in the world is babaganoush?

elizabeth said...

Baba Ghanoush or Baba-Ganouj (Arabic بابا غنوج), babaganuş, eggplant salad (Turkish), melitzanosalata (Greek μελιτζανοσαλάτα) is a kind of popular Middle Eastern dish made primarily of eggplant (aubergine). It is made of aubergine, mashed, and mixed with various seasonings. Frequently the eggplant is baked or broiled over an open flame before peeling, so that the pulp is soft and has a smoky taste . There is a great variety of similar aubergine-based dishes, some of which are known as "eggplant (aubergine) salad" or "baklazhannaya ikra".

Also, it's yummy...